Creating an interesting milk carton bird feeder is necessary as the hobby or sometimes as the need of business. Nowadays, this thing is becoming a popular in some places of vet lover. To make this milk carton bird feeder needs simple materials. There are some ways to create a unique and interesting box of milk carton bird feeder. Some materials such as the box of milk, juice or any kind of box in any shapes, scissors, glue, pencil colors, small pieces of wood, string or rope and some accessories are needed in this work.
Some steps to make milk carton bird feeder
- The first step to make milk carton bird feeder is preparing the box which is long or short. Long shape will be used for this idea.
- Secondly, draw the square shape as the frame on two different side which means in the opposite. This frame is to ease how to cut and making a window of milk cartoon bird feeder.
- Then, cut and make a window on different side of the box with the cover of it. In other words, you will not cut all sides of the box as the window.
- Next, make a line above the window that you cut to make a decoration on the body of the box. To start drawing or framing the body of the box, you need a pencil color.
- Then, make a zigzag of red and black color on the body of the box. This step is to decorate the appearance of the box, while on the bottom of the box you have to coloring in different ways.
- Then, start to coloring in every four sides of the box with the same pattern.
In addition, start to decorate the top of milk carton bird feeder by using accessories. The top of the box here means the cover of the box which has four covers in every side. Then, make a cone of the top of the cover which means that the left side and the right side of the cover is gathering into one side to be cone or triangle shape, while the other side is closed inside the box using glue. Therefore, the cover on the top of the box is closed tightly. After that, start to coloring the cover on the top which is cone by using red. This shape seems like a mini house.
Then, start to apply the accessories on the top of milk carton bird feeder by using button and some ribbons. Use glue to apply all buttons on this box. You may to use big, medium or small button to make it more elegant. Then, to apply these buttons you can place them in any places which mean inappropriate side in order to be unique.
To finish decorating, you have to make a hole on the top of the box to be placed for the string and you can add the ribbon on that string to beautify the appearance. Finally, the string or the rope is bundled inside the cone which has a hole to be more tightly. The milk carton bird feeder is ready to be used with the colorful result. Hang this craft in post, but always keep away squirrel from your bird feeder. You have milk jug? try to make DIY milk jug bird feeder